Friday, July 8, 2016

James Baldwin and July




"To be a Negro in this country and to be relatively conscious is to be in rage almost all the time."



"Not everything that is faced can be changed.  But nothing can be changed until it is faced."



"Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within." 



"I know you didn't do it, and I didn't do it either, but I am responsible for it because I am a man and a citizen of this country and you are responsible for it, for the very same reason."



"Somebody, your father or mine, should have told us that not many people have ever died of love.  But multitudes have perished, and are perishing every hour - and in the oddest places - for the lack of it!"



"If I love you, I have to make you conscious of the things you don't see."



"Love is a battle.  Love is a war.  Love is a growing up."









No comments:

Post a Comment