Sunday, April 21, 2013

First Responders

"BOSTON STRONG"
 
Memory and why we remember things a certain way is sometimes a very difficult thing to intellectually comprehend or emotionally understand.  The terrorist attack at the Boston Marathon on Monday and the tragedy in the West, Texas explosion triggered tremendous horror, grief, anger, disbelief, sadness, and pride in my heart and mind.  Upon hearing the news of the Boston attack, I instantly thought of 9-11-01. . . I watched and listened to the stories of how Boston's First Responders rushed in to save peoples lives, comfort the injured, and show the true heart of America.  I also remembered the 441 NYC First Responders (who gave their lives) rushing toward the Twin Towers on that beautiful autumn day... and was reminded how important it is to say the words "I Love You" to those I love every chance I get.
 
Joe and John Vigiano

John Vigiano Sr. is a retired New York City firefighter whose two sons followed him into service — John Jr. was a firefighter and Joe was a policeman. On September 11, 2001, the Vigiano brothers responded to the call from the World Trade Center, and both were killed while saving others.
 
 
Hear John talk about the importance of saying "I Love You." 
 
 



"Every day, first responders put their own lives on the line to ensure our safety.
The least we can do is make sure they have the tools to protect and serve their communities."
                                         -Joe Lieberman
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment