Friday, February 8, 2013

The "Wrong" Book

The "Wrong" Book
Earlier this week I checked out the wrong book at the library...instead of returning it I decided to read some of it.  The "wrong" book is entitled Portraits 9/11/01: The Collected Portraits of Grief.  It chronicles short stories and photos from over 1,900 people who died during the terror attacks of 9/11/01.  It is a heart wrenching book (I was crying in less than 5 minutes) with beautiful stories of moms, dads, husbands, wives, immigrants, police, firefighters, first responders, pilots, etc.
 
 
I will never again look at 9/11 as just buildings, airplanes, flames, wreckage, etc...I will view it as hundreds of individual heroes who lost or gave their lives.  I didn't personally know anyone who died on 9/11/01...but after reading their stories in the "wrong" book I feel as though I do! 
 
"WE WILL NEVER FORGET."

 



No comments:

Post a Comment